Have news you'd like to share? Complete this form. Note that the form is reserved for University of Arkansas Biomedical Engineering Department faculty, staff, students, and student groups only.
- In January, it was announced that undergraduate Megan Davidian had been selected as a Gilman scholar for her study abroad trip to Australia.
- In January, doctoral student Megan Laughlin received second place in a preliminary heat of the University of Arkansas Graduate School's third-annual Three Minute Thesis competition.
- In February, graduate student Parker Cole was chosen to take part in the STEM Professional Awareness, Advancement and Development program, or PAAD, which is designed to help graduate students in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math prepare for future careers.
- On February 17, Lapovations LLC, a University of Arkansas entrepreneurship team developing a platform of innovative products that improve minimally invasive surgery, won first place at the Brown-Forman Cardinal Challenge business plan competition in Louisville, Kentucky.
- In February, graduating senior Paolo Garcia was named a Razorback Classic by the Arkansas Alumni Association. This honor is awarded based on a student's academic excellence, demonstrated leadership and campus or community involvement.
- In February, the Alpha Eta Mu Beta National Executive Council approved a University of Arkansas Chapter of the National Biomedical Engineering Honor Society. Founding members of the chapter include President Hayley Chandler, Vice-President April Jules, Treasurer Mason Belue, and Secretary Katelyn Heath.
- On February 28, Dr. Morten Jensen was recognized at the sixth annual University of Arkansas Technology Ventures Inventor Appreciation Banquet.
- A newswire article published on March 18 showcased the work of Megan Laughlin, a doctoral student working to develop a prosthetic vein valve that would restore function and normal blood flow to the deep veins.
Greening G, Miller K, Spainhour C, Cato M, Muldoon T. 2018. Effects of isoflurane anesthesia on physiological parameters in murine subcutaneous tumor allografts measured via diffuse reflectance spectroscopy. Biomedical Optics Express. 9(6): 2871-2886.
Upadhyaya L, Egbosimba C, Qian X, Wickramasinghe R, Fernández-Pacheco R, Coelhoso IM, Portugal CAM, Crespo JG, Quemener D, Semsarilar M. 2018. Influence of Magnetic Nanoparticles on PISA Preparation of Poly(Methacrylic Acid)-b-Poly(Methylmethacrylate) Nano-Objects. Macromolecular Rapid Communications. doi: 10.1002/marc.201800333.
- In February, Dr. Hanna Jensen led "The Heart of Biomedical Engineering," a workshop at the University of Arkansas open to female high schoolers from across northwest Arkansas. Jensen's workshop was part of the Girls Just Wanna' Have Fun: STEM Fun That Is! Year 4 event hosted by University of Arkansas' STEM Center for Math and Science Education.
- On Friday, March 9, Dr. Narasimhan Rajaram delivered a seminar entitled "Optical Spectroscopy for Functional and Molecular Sensing of Treatment Resistance in Cancer" to the UArk Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Looking for more news? Read more in our news archive: