Have news you'd like to share? Complete this form. Note that the form is reserved for University of Arkansas Biomedical Engineering Department faculty, staff, students, and student groups only.
- Recent graduate Alex Khang (UArk '16) was announced as a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow. Alex is currently pursuing a doctorate in biomedical engineering at UT Austin.
- Sophomore Hailey Carter, a biomedical engineering major, was selected as the February Student Leader of the Month at the University of Arkansas.
- In February, Professor Xianghong Qian was honored as a faculty inventor at the University of Arkansas fifth-annual Inventor Appreciation Banquet.
- Perez J, Diaz N, Tandon I, Plate R, Martindale C, Balachandran K. 2017. Elevated Serotonin Interacts with Angiotensin-II to Result in Altered Valve Interstitial Cell Contractility and Remodeling. Cardiovascular Engineering ad Technology. doi:10.1007/s13239-017-0298-x.
- Pantoja JL, Morgan AE, Grossi EA, Jensen MO, Weinsaft JW, Levine RA, Ge L, Ratcliffe MB. 2017. Undersized Mitral Annuloplasty Increases Strain in the Proximal Lateral Left Ventricular Wall. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 103(3): 820-827.
- Pierce EL, Easley TF, Drach A, Khalighi AH, Toma M, Jensen MO, Sacks MS, Yoganathan AP. 2017. Ex Vivo Methods for Informing Computational Models of the Mitral Valve. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 45(2): 496-507.
- Grbic S, Easley TF, Mansi T, Bloodworth CH, Pierce EL, Voigt I, Neumann D, Krebs J, Yuh DD, Jensen MO, Comaniciu D, Yoganathan AP. 2017. Personalized mitral valve closure computation and uncertainty analysis from 3D echocardiography. Medical image analysis. 35: 238-249.
- Amy J. Powless, Roxanna J. Conley, Karan A. Freeman, Timothy J. Muldoon. 2017. Considerations for point-of-care diagnostics: evaluation of acridine orange staining and postprocessing methods for a three-part leukocyte differential test. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 22(3): 035001.
- Sandra P. Prieto, Keith K. Lai, Jonathan A. Laryea, Jason S. Mizell, William C. Mustain, and Timothy J. Muldoon. 2017. Fluorescein as a topical fluorescent contrast agent for quantitative microendoscopic inspection of colorectal epithelium. Biomedical Optics Express. 8(4): 2324-2338.
- Jake D. Jones, Fariah Majid, Hallie Ramser, Kyle P. Quinn, and others: "Non-invasive In Vivo Characterization of Skin Wound Healing using Label-free Multiphoton Microscopy", SPIE Photonics West, 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- In April, Research Assistant Professor Hanna Jensen spoke at a Girls of Promise conference, which is a conference designed to introduce 8th-grade girls to women role models in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
- On February 6, Assistant Professor Timothy Muldoon talked to KUAF Radio about his forthcoming Signature Seminar Honors course, entitled, "Cancer: A Constellation of Disease."